Help & FAQs
PD (pupillary distance) measures the space between the pupils of your eyes. Knowing this measurement is important to make sure your eyes match up with the optical centre of your lenses.
Although you may not see your PD measurement on your prescription, it will most likely have been recorded at the time of your eye exam. Contact the optometrist who issued your prescription and request your PD. If, for some reason, this is not available you can follow these steps to measure your PD:
Place a millimetre ruler on the bridge of your nose.
Have a friend face you about arms length away.
Have your friend measure the distance between the centre of your pupils (the black dots in the middle of your eyes).
Or you can do it yourself, if your vision is adequate, by looking in the mirror.
As a guide, most adults have a PD of between 55–65 mm and most kids have a PD of between 42–54mm.
Australia-wide: Flat rate $10 via Australia Post Parcel Post.
International shipping: Flat rate $20 via Australia Post. We currently ship to New Zealand, Hong Kong, UK, Germany, USA & Canada. Contact us about shipping to other destinations.
When will my order be ready?
The time for making up your order depends on whether you’ve provided all your info (do we have your prescription and PD?), if your prescription is within our standard lens range (+/-4 Sphere, up to -2 Cylinder) and whether you place it on a weekday or weekend.
The good news: if we have all your info when you order these are the delivery times via Australia Post Parcel Post in business days (take off 3 days if you’re picking up):
Specialty lenses (e.g. Multifocal, Transition):
10 days to NSW, VIC, QLD, TAS, SA: (non metro: 14 days); 12-17 days to WA & NT (non metro: contact us)
Can I order a frame/arm colour combo not shown on the online shop?
Absolutely! Order the glasses with the frame colour you’d like, then add a Note in Checkout with the arm colour you’d like. Choose from:
Clear (translucent), Daffodil Yellow, Tangerine Orange, Cherry Red, Black, Dark Chocolate, Sepia Brown (translucent), Olive Green, Midnight Blue (translucent), Azure Blue(translucent), Ice Blue(translucent), Sky Blue, Violet, Royal Purple.
Are your prescription glasses eligible for Health fund rebates?
They sure are! You can claim your rebate electronically at our shops if you have optical cover with your health fund. Or we’ll give you a receipt with item numbers so you can lodge your claim directly with your health fund.
Online orders – please select the option that you’d like a receipt with item numbers sent out to you with your order.
How do I get my prescription to you?
If you’ve had an eye exam recently, request a written or electronic copy of your prescription and bring it in, or ask them to release it to us and we’ll do the rest.
Do you do eye tests?
Lens and frame care
You will see your best when your precision Zeiss lenses are clean. If you can, clean your lenses daily (or more often if you are in a hot or dusty environment). Here’s how:
1. Wash the lenses under cold water to wash away grit and dust.
2. Apply lens cleaner solution or dish washing liquid to both lens surfaces.
3. Gently rub the lens with your fingertips or a clean tissue to remove oils, smudges and fingerprints.
4. Rinse under cold water.
5. Polish with a lens cloth or soft lint free tissue.
Your Dresden frame is made from an ultra durable nylon. It’ll last for many years if you give it a little care.
1. Wash your frames occasionally to remove oils and grit. If you wear them in a very hot and gritty environment, use a toothbrush to clean the groove between the frame and lens.
2. Check the pin in the hinge every so often. The top of it should sit flush with the arm. Press it firmly in with your finger if it’s not flush. (Remember we offer free extra pins whenever you need some.)
3. NEVER clean your frame with methylated spirits. It will shatter the Grilamid nylon our frames are made out of.
4. If you feel your frame could fit better, pop in-store and we’ll adjust it for you. Kein Problem.